Sequatchie Valley Electric Cooperative Annual Senior Expo for seniors 55 and older and their caregivers. In Marion County at First Baptist Church, 108 W Third Street in Jasper. For more information and for dates and locations in Sequatchie, Bledsoe and Grundy counties, call SVEC at 1 800 923 2203, extension 5044.
Free, family-fun event on the square in Jasper. For more information go to www.jackolanternjamboree.com.
Kimball Church of Christ, 830 Main Street in Kimball.
Demolition Derby at the Marion County Fairgrounds. Sponsored by Marion County Fair Board. For information regarding entry fees and prize money call 423 617 9736 or 423 488 0771. Spectator admission is $10.00 for adults, $7.00 for students.
Lodge Cast Iron - 1170 Hwy 156 in New Hope
The chamber banquet committee has been hard at work making plans for the 2017 Marion County Chamber of Commerce Annual Banquet, and we hope you have already saved the date to be there. Check out the attached super cool flyer designed by talented board member Walker Henley. Feel free to print and post at will.
- Date: Thursday, August 17, 2017, beginning at 6:00 PM CDT
- Theme: “Recognizing Marion’s Best in Business and Industry”
- Location: South Pittsburg High School Gymnasium, 717 Elm Avenue in South Pittsburg
- Food: Steak and chicken, salad, baked potato, broccoli casserole, rolls, cheesecake and drinks (catered by Western Sizzlin in Jasper)
- Recognition of Citizen of the Year and Business of the Year
- Election of new board members
- Lots and lots of door prizes (must be present to win)
Tickets are $35 each and are available through any board member and/or banquet committee member or through the chamber office.